handling tree view web control events

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rea Peleg, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Rea Peleg

    Rea Peleg Guest

    Hi everybody
    Can any one give an example for handling a tree view
    web control event, inside an asp.net application?

    I am able to build a tree view using this control on an asp.net web form (on
    page load) but can not handle its events later on..

    html tag includes the reference to the event handler and looks like this:
    <iewc:treeview1 id="treeview1" runat="server" Expand = "treeview1_expand">

    then the aspx.vb file includes the treeview1_expand() code:
    Public Sub TreeView1_Expand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeViewClickEventArgs) Handles
    TreeView1.Expand

    this file also includes a withevents declaration for treeview1.

    Thanks for your attention

    Rea
    Rea Peleg, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Rea Peleg

    Martin Guest

    It won't respond to events straight away if autopostback is false (default).

    Martin, Jun 3, 2004