Hanging browser

Chris Herring

We are having issues with a .NET application.. Users complain that their
browser will "freeze" periodically while using the application. The browser
is not really frozen.. if you wait long enough (like 20 minutes) you will
eventually get an "Action Cancelled" error message. The symptom is random,
but it seems to occur most often after the user has been "idle" for a few
minutes.
There is a classic ASP application running on the same server, and we do not
have this issue with that application.
The users that are experiencing this problem are accessing the site from
inside a large corporate network. If the users disable the "autoconfig"
script (which is required to access some of their intranet stuff), then they
do not experience problems with our site.

The applications are hosted on: Windows 2000 server (sp4), IIS, NET
framework 1.1

So, if you haven't guessed by now I am not a networking pro.. but I need to
try to resolve this problem. Where do I start?

Regards,

Chris Herring