    Everyone can be happy about something.
    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Nov 25, 2004

  2. While the city slept, Travis Newbury () feverishly typed...

    > Hey, I can not believe this is the first one of these. Everyone have
    > a happy day today no matter if you celebrate thanksgiving or not.
    > Everyone can be happy about something.

    Unless -- of course -- you are a turkey! ;-)

    Happy Thursday everyone.

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Travis Newbury

    Jan Faerber Guest

    nice.guy.nige wrote:

    >> Everyone can be happy about something.

    > Unless -- of course -- you are a turkey! ;-)

    Well. With blackmarket you are at a disadantage.

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Travis Newbury

    rf Guest

    Travis Newbury wrote:

    > Hey, I can not believe this is the first one of these.

    Probably because less than 5% of the world live in a country that celebrates
    that event. The other 95% of us just don't care.

    > Everyone have a
    > happy day today no matter if you celebrate thanksgiving or not.

    Bah, humbug.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Travis Newbury

    rf Guest

    nice.guy.nige wrote:

    > Happy Thursday everyone.

    er, it's Friday.

    rf, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Travis Newbury

    PW Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > Hey, I can not believe this is the first one of these. Everyone have a
    > happy day today no matter if you celebrate thanksgiving or not.
    > Everyone can be happy about something.

    Thanks mate, same to you ! :-D

    Have a good one.

    PW, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Travis Newbury

    PW Guest

    "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote in message
    > Probably because less than 5% of the world live in a country that

    celebrates
    > that event. The other 95% of us just don't care.
    >
    > Bah, humbug.

    Here's a thought.

    Dig that bug out of your ass, and have some fun ;-)

    PW, Nov 25, 2004
  8. | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:48:01 GMT, PW <> wrote:

    > "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey, I can not believe this is the first one of these. Everyone have a
    >> happy day today no matter if you celebrate thanksgiving or not.
    >> Everyone can be happy about something.

    > Thanks mate, same to you ! :-D
    >
    > Have a good one.

    If every near sighted, narrow minded minority culture would celebrate
    their off topic holidays in here, there would be no room left for the
    topics where alt.html is intended for.

    So, yes, have a nice day, but go do that somewhere else. At least put a
    clear [OT] in your subjectline as you are going to ignore the previous
    anyway.

    --
    Weblog | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html>
    Webontwerp | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/webontwerp.html>

    Barbara de Zoete, Nov 25, 2004
  9. Travis Newbury

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, PW <> said:

    > Dig that bug out of your ass,

    Um, that was *humbug*, not *bumbug*.

    > and have some fun ;-)

    Now, that I can agree with.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Nov 25, 2004
  10. Travis Newbury

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Re: | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    > If every near sighted, narrow minded minority culture would celebrate
    > their off topic holidays in here, there would be no room left for the
    > topics where alt.html is intended for.

    [Acronym => Definition]

    ALT => Alternative (USENET newsgroup prefix)

    @she puts me down as an ignorant man!

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Nov 25, 2004
  11. Travis Newbury

    DaKitty Guest

    > Hey, I can not believe this is the first one of these. Everyone have a
    > happy day today no matter if you celebrate thanksgiving or not.
    > Everyone can be happy about something.
    > --
    > -=*Tn*=-

    Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :)

    DaKitty, Nov 25, 2004
  12. Travis Newbury

    Neal Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Bah, humbug.

    No, that's Christmas.

    Neal, Nov 26, 2004
  13. Travis Newbury

    Duende Guest

    Re: | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    While sitting in a puddle Jan Faerber scribbled in the mud:

    > @she puts me down

    Lucky you.

    --
    Duende (irregular)
    Friends help you move.

    Duende, Nov 26, 2004
  14. Re: | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    In article <opsh1lz5s1x5vgts@zoete_b>, says...
    > On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:48:01 GMT, PW <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hey, I can not believe this is the first one of these. Everyone have a
    > >> happy day today no matter if you celebrate thanksgiving or not.
    > >> Everyone can be happy about something.

    > > Thanks mate, same to you ! :-D
    > > Have a good one.

    > If every near sighted, narrow minded minority culture would celebrate
    > their off topic holidays in here, there would be no room left for the
    > topics where alt.html is intended for.
    > So, yes, have a nice day, but go do that somewhere else. At least put a
    > clear [OT] in your subjectline as you are going to ignore the previous
    > anyway.

    Oh poo-poo on you.
    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Nov 26, 2004
  15. Travis Newbury

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Travis Newbury <> said:

    > Everyone have a
    > happy day today no matter if you celebrate thanksgiving or not.

    Thanksgiving? Wha? Who? Huh?

    Whatever. I'm going back to sleep.

    > Everyone can be happy about something.

    I...feel...happy!

    Mark Parnell, Nov 26, 2004
  16. Travis Newbury

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Re: | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    Jan Faerber wrote:

    > ALT => Alternative (USENET newsgroup prefix)

    The alt hierarchy is, contrary to popular belief, not:

    1. for the discussion of "alternative" subjects (counter-culture,
    alternative medicine, etc); nor

    2. for "alternative" discussion of normal subjects (rapping about
    knitware, beat poetry about car maintainance, etc).

    It was created as a place to operate an alternative system of Usenet
    management. The original "big 8" hierarchies[1] have very long and
    involved procedures for creating new groups and dissolving old ones, so
    alt was created to allow a more laissez-faire process.

    ____
    [1] comp, sci, misc, news, rec, soc, talk and humanities

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Nov 26, 2004
  17. Travis Newbury

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Re: | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle Jan Faerber scribbled in the mud:
    >

    >> @she puts me down

    > Lucky you.

    Come on Duende!

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Nov 26, 2004
  18. Travis Newbury

    Duende Guest

    Re: | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    While sitting in a puddle Jan Faerber scribbled in the mud:

    > Duende wrote:
    >
    >> While sitting in a puddle Jan Faerber scribbled in the mud:
    >>

    >>> @she puts me down

    >> Lucky you.

    > Come on Duende!

    Yah, my lucke day.

    Duende, Nov 26, 2004
  19. Travis Newbury

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Re: | OT | Re: Happy Thanksgiving

    Toby Inkster wrote:

    > Jan Faerber wrote:
    >
    >> ALT => Alternative (USENET newsgroup prefix)

    > The alt hierarchy is, contrary to popular belief, not:
    >
    > 1. for the discussion of "alternative" subjects (counter-culture,
    > alternative medicine, etc); nor
    >
    > 2. for "alternative" discussion of normal subjects (rapping about
    > knitware, beat poetry about car maintainance, etc).
    >
    > It was created as a place to operate an alternative system of Usenet
    > management. The original "big 8" hierarchies[1] have very long and
    > involved procedures for creating new groups and dissolving old ones, so
    > alt was created to allow a more laissez-faire process.
    >
    > ____
    > [1] comp, sci, misc, news, rec, soc, talk and humanities

    (o: The popular belief is shadowing the laissez-faire process.

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Nov 26, 2004