Hard time connecting to Oracle database from Visual Web Developer 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by antonyliu2002@yahoo.com, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am having a hard time connecting to an oracle database from within
    Visual Web Developer (VWD) 2005 Express Edition.

    Check out the screen snap shot here:

    http://static.flickr.com/97/241874792_aebbadac2b_o.gif

    Here is the situation:

    1. The oracle database runs on Machine A.
    2. The IIS 6.0 Web server runs on Machine B.
    3. I am developing a web-based reporting service on Machine C.

    I can access the oracle database with no problem at all either from
    Machine A under SQL*Plus or from Machine C in my VB or C# code using
    the ODBC connection string.

    But I just cannot connect to it from VWD by either selecting Microsoft
    ODBC Data Source or Oracle Database.

    I would like to use the MS SQL 2005 Reporting Services for my Web
    application.

    Any idea on how to shoot this problem?

    Thanks.

    , Sep 12, 2006