Hard to solve Problem - ASP.Net aspx pages hang machine on localhost

Federico

Hi, this is what I can do:
- Create new solutions using VS.Net ASP.Net
- Save the solutions, build the solution, view in browser with the
solution still open.
But, once I close the solution, I can not open it again in VS.Net2003
because it hangs my machine (the whole machine stops responding and
there's no alternative but to reboot it!).
I can't either browse the created solution because it also hangs the
whole machine.

Can anyone give a hand with this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Federico.

Patrick.O.Ige

Federico..
What OS are you using and what is your PC configuration?
Patrick

Hi, this is what I can do:
- Create new solutions using VS.Net ASP.Net
- Save the solutions, build the solution, view in browser with the solution still open.
But, once I close the solution, I can not open it again in VS.Net2003 because it hangs my machine (the whole machine stops responding and there's no alternative but to reboot it!).
I can't either browse the created solution because it also hangs the whole machine.

Can anyone give a hand with this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Federico.

Fede

Hi Patrick, thank you very much for your response.
I'm using Windows XP Pro.

I have a LAN at home and I'm always logged in as an Administrator user.

I tried giving full access rights to the ASP.Net account and to the
IUSR / IIWAM (or something like this 'cause I'm not in my machine right
now) and that did not solve the problem.

I have also tried uninstalling VS.Net and IIS and reinstalling them (VS
1st. and IIS last)

Do you have any idea what I might do to solve this inconvinience?
(I do not wish to reinstall all my OS :( )

Regards,
Fede.

Patrick.O.Ige ha escrito:

Lau Lei Cheong

Does your ASP.NET application call any 3rd party applications?

I once have used some ill written COM+ libraries that requires you to
explicit free the objects before destroyed. If not the memory allocation
will go up and up and eventally bring down the server. While in your case,
your application may be get into some endless loop... or code may crash in
unmanaged part...

Federico

Hi Lau Lei, thank you very much for your answer.
My application is basically a "Hello World" application to try to see
what's the trouble here.
It's not any kind of complicated app.
I don't use any kind of functions in it.
Just 3 Labels. :-\
Regards,
Fede.

Patrick.O.Ige

Federico try looking at TASK Manager and see what is using up your proceses etc..
Does your PC hangs with other IDE's you have?
Patrick

Lau Lei Cheong wrote:
Does your ASP.NET application call any 3rd party applications?

I once have used some ill written COM+ libraries that requires you to
explicit free the objects before destroyed. If not the memory allocation
will go up and up and eventally bring down the server. While in your case,
your application may be get into some endless loop... or code may crash in
unmanaged part...

"Fede" <[email protected]>
???????:[email protected]...
[...]

Hi Patrick, the only thing that (currently) hangs my machine is this one.
Unfotunately I can not use the task manager when the machine is about to
hang because neigher Ctrl+Alt+Del nor right click on the task bar work then.
:-\ I'll keep on trying everything. If you can think of something else
to try it will be more than welcome.

Best regards,
Fede.