    Recruiter
    Navistaff, Inc.
    908.273.6960 ext. 102

    Patrick Burke, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Patrick Burke wrote:
    > If you are a top C++ developer and interested in getting into a top
    > NYC financial firm, please email your resume to .
    > Please give me a call or send an email, I will give you details.
    >
    > Patrick Burke
    > Recruiter
    > Navistaff, Inc.
    > 908.273.6960 ext. 102

    Hmmm, what if I am a top C++ developer, but have no experience
    or knowledge in the financial field?

    How do I know that I am a top C++ developer?

    Hmmm, if I was really seeking a position using C++ for writing
    financial applications, I would go to one of the job sites
    on the web, like:
    http://www.monster.com
    http://www.dice.com
    http://www.hotjobs.com

    I would not even consider searching a language newsgroup for
    job postings. If I was searching newsgroups for jobs, I would
    search ones with "jobs" in their name.

    Employers and recruiters who post to a multi-national computer
    language newsgroup show a low lack of intelligence as job
    announcements have nothing to do with programming language,
    but applications thereof.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Patrick Burke

    David Harmon Guest

    Re: Hardcore C++ developers interested in NYC financial firms.... OFF TOPIC

    On 21 Jul 2004 11:14:19 -0700 in comp.lang.c++,
    (Patrick Burke) wrote,
    >If you are a top C++ developer and interested in getting into a top
    >NYC financial firm, please email your resume to .

    Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
    both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
    dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
    manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
    or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
    courtesy.

    See the article titled "Welcome to comp.lang.c++! Read this first."
    posted semiweekly in this newsgroup or at:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    See the topic "[5.8] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?"
    in Marshall Cline's C++ FAQ. You can get the FAQ at:
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    (Posted and emailed.)

    David Harmon, Jul 21, 2004
  4. Patrick Burke

    Default User Guest

    David Harmon wrote:

    > On 21 Jul 2004 11:14:19 -0700 in comp.lang.c++,
    > (Patrick Burke) wrote,
    > >If you are a top C++ developer and interested in getting into a top
    > >NYC financial firm, please email your resume to .

    > Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    > that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
    > both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
    > dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
    > manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
    > or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
    > courtesy.
    >
    > See the article titled "Welcome to comp.lang.c++! Read this first."
    > posted semiweekly in this newsgroup or at:
    > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    >
    > See the topic "[5.8] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?"
    > in Marshall Cline's C++ FAQ. You can get the FAQ at:
    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    >
    > (Posted and emailed.)

    I wonder if you'll get a better response. He called me a techno nerd.
    I'm feeling crushed.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Jul 21, 2004
  5. Patrick Burke

    Default User wrote:

    > I wonder if you'll get a better response. He called me a techno nerd.
    > I'm feeling crushed.

    I should note that after I replied explaining why we don't want job
    postings in the group, he sent back a nice email saying that he
    understood and would not do that in the future.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Jul 22, 2004
  6. Patrick Burke

    jeffc Guest

    "David Harmon" <> wrote in message

    > Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    > that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
    > both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with!

    But it's HARD CORE BABEEEEE!

    jeffc, Jul 22, 2004