harddrive browser

Marco Polo

is it possible to invoke a browse window using javascript without making use
of the file field in an html form?

thanks
matt

Evertjan.

Marco Polo wrote on 05 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
is it possible to invoke a browse window using javascript without
making use of the file field in an html form?

I do not think it is very useful:

<script>
(nod=document.createElement("input")).type="file";
document.body.insertBefore(nod, document.getElementById("here"));
</script>

Marco Polo

tahnks = but I meant can I create the pop up window that occurs when you
[ress "browse" without actually creating the browse buttonm itself. ie. can
lI launch a page and onLoad the browse window will appear?

Evertjan.

Marco Polo wrote on 05 jan 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
tahnks = but I meant can I create the pop up window that occurs when
you [ress "browse" without actually creating the browse buttonm
itself. ie. can lI launch a page and onLoad the browse window will
appear? "

[Please do not toppost on usenet]

No that is not possible with an internet javascript code. It would be a
securitiy violation, IMHO.