Hardware connection to FPGA

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by shah_satish2002, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. shah_satish2002

    shah_satish2002

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi...

    I need small help..

    I have Encoder which has one input MTINP (3 bit/3 wire) and MTOUT (3 wire/3 bit).now i want to connect to this pins to FPGA(EP1C3 module)..if suppose i will rotate Encoder shaft then it will generate output..Now here i want to connect this output to FPGA (using VHDL)so i have made like..

    MTOUT : in std_logic_vector(2 downto 0); // Output of Encoder is the input for FPGA

    I need this output in FPGA for further process..here i also need MTIN for some application in FPGA..But here i dont know how to define in VHDL..

    MTIN : in std_logic_vector(2 downto 0);

    is it correct ?? ie i declared MTIN as input for FPGA coz here its my input for Encoder.. am i right or wrong ?? i dont have logic diagram or any logic circuit because i will connect my encoder pin to FPGA but i dont know how to define MTIN and what precaution do i need ??

    Thanks a lot..

    shah_satish2002, Aug 1, 2007