Harvesting and Comparing Screenshots of menus and dialog boxes

Discussion in 'C++' started by InfoDevGuy, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. InfoDevGuy

    InfoDevGuy Guest

    Hi:

    We are a software company. Our product (Dialogue) is very expansive
    with lots of menus, dialog boxes, etc in the GUI. We use unstructured
    FM 7.2.

    Every time we have a new release, undoubtedly some (or many) of the
    software's menus and dialog boxes change due to enhancements. This
    requires us to identify these changes (somehow) and re-do any
    screenshots in our documentation and training materials.

    Is anyone aware of a tool that can go through an application and
    harvest screenshots of all menus and dialog boxes? Then, would it be
    able to compare screenshots of the last version to indicate where
    changes have occurred on the GUI?

    Any suggestions or resources would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Loren
    InfoDevGuy, Feb 2, 2007

  2. InfoDevGuy

    red floyd Guest

    InfoDevGuy wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > We are a software company. Our product (Dialogue) is very expansive
    > with lots of menus, dialog boxes, etc in the GUI. We use unstructured
    > FM 7.2.
    >
    > Every time we have a new release, undoubtedly some (or many) of the
    > software's menus and dialog boxes change due to enhancements. This
    > requires us to identify these changes (somehow) and re-do any
    > screenshots in our documentation and training materials.
    >
    > Is anyone aware of a tool that can go through an application and
    > harvest screenshots of all menus and dialog boxes? Then, would it be
    > able to compare screenshots of the last version to indicate where
    > changes have occurred on the GUI?
    >
    > Any suggestions or resources would be appreciated.

    Well, you could post in a topical newsgroup.
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9.
    red floyd, Feb 2, 2007