Harware Engineer Level II and Senior positions Salary 60 K - Open

The job lady

Division Overview: Distinguished by our heritage in radar,
identification friend or foe (IFF) and Air Traffic Control (ATC)
technology, Command Systems Division has long been recognized for its
advanced electronic technology, aerospace and defense system products.
We blend engineering, management and technology resources to produce an
impressive array of highly reliable, multi-mode systems for maritime,
littoral and over land missions. Our product line includes: airborne
maritime patrol and anti-submarine warfare surveillance imaging radar
systems (ISAR); air traffic control and management systems, command and
control systems, microwave landing systems and numerous other related
products. Command Systems is gaining an ever-increasing share of the
niche markets it serves for its military, para-military, and commercial
customer base.

Command Systems Division technology is on board platforms that help to
protect civilians and military personnel worldwide. The U.S. Navy, the
U.S. Coast Guard, the U.S. Air Force and numerous international defense
agencies depend on Telephonics' advanced state-of-the-art products to
successfully complete their mission.
Brief Summary: Design test fixtures and new test equipment to support
the production of products to meet planned performance specifications.
This involves obtaining detailed product performance specifications
from customers or others; determining appropriate and effective tests
to ensure product reliability; and developing a testing strategy
including the type and number of tests to be performed and the
equipment required. Provide technical support to engineering and other
production areas on the release of new test programs and procedures.
Prepare cost estimates on proposals being prepared for customers and
provide input to make/ buy analyses.
Requirements: Bachelors degree in engineering from a four-year
college, master's degree in a related field preferred. 10 years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. XILINX Firmware design experience with VHDL expertise a
plus. High-speed logic design concepts and synchronous design
experience required. PCB layout skills a must. Will utilize system
requirements as design input to develop architecture. Must have a
background that would permit the issuance of a Security clearance,
which includes US citizenship.