    littlebeam Guest

    Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?
    Any good reference? Thanks
    littlebeam, Apr 12, 2006

  2. littlebeam

    McKirahan Guest

    "littlebeam" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?
    > Any good reference? Thanks

    I posted the following at the end of 2002 and never got a response:

    http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s=7158/new1020217692284/index.html

    > I was intrigued as I am building more browser-based applications and may

    be
    > taking on a large project soon.
    >
    > As an experiment, I looked at converting an exisiting simple application

    in
    > two steps:
    >
    > 1) Isolate all of the Model stuff within the existing module into a

    single
    > subroutine (to make sure it works).
    > It uses arrays to perist the data.
    >
    > 2) Pull that code out and make it callable by the Controller to pass to

    the
    > View.
    > The article discusses the use of XML to persist the data though I'm

    thinking
    > of using Session arrays.
    >
    > I quickly realized that the Model stuff has to handle a lot:
    > Add, Update, Delete, as well as support for multiple Views.
    >
    > I was hoping someone might point me to additional resources that address
    > this aspect of Model development; perhaps there are templates available.
    >
    > Thanks for any information.
    >
    > P.S. My "simple application" is quite large though it is only a single

    ASP

    McKirahan, Apr 12, 2006

  3. "littlebeam" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone tried to apply MVC to write ASP (not .Net) programs?
    > Any good reference? Thanks

    I have seen a german company who had a HRM program (forgot the name though)
    that had modified code into several parts all using ASP code.

    But I must admit, that the development costs must have been very huge. Most
    of the work, was done using notepad and a lot of work was delegated to SQL
    Server.
    At the view side (client side html processing) a lot of calls were made to
    utilities that created the HTML.
    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Apr 12, 2006