Has anyone used the Tabstrip and MultiPage controls?

Geoff Pennington

I downloaded these controls from Microsoft's website and at first was quite
pleased with them and the instructions I found. It was very easy to set up
the tabs and a multipage form, and easy to switch from page to page by
clicking the tabs. The first problem came when I added buttons to the pages.
Placing buttons in one of the <Pageview><Pageview/> tags caused Visual
Studio to strip the "handles" clause from the OnClick event handler. When I
put the button outside the <Pageview> tags the event handler still doesn't
seem to fire and I can't tell why. Clicking the button does cause a postback
but only the Page_Load code executes. I've been through this carefully with
the debugger. Also, all the Input controls placed on the Pageviews are
buried fairly deep and apparently must be accessed from within the Controls
collection of the Pageviews. I'm starting to see why Microsoft does not
actually support these controls.

Has anyone had better luck with these controls than I have? Could someone
point me towards a tutorial that addresses these points (onclick events for
buttons, accessing input controls on forms) when using the Multipage
control?

Much obliged.