Has Windows, ASP or Access gone mad?

Mats

Hi
I get the dreadful error
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database
engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened
exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."
when I try to update a table in Access with asp. This is just a
testsetup on
localhost.
This is a permission matter, se Q174943.
The problem is that it appeared out of the blue, and I've checked
permissions and given the anonymus <IUSR>account full permissions to
no avail (for both folder and mdb-file)
I run Win XP Pro patched as much as possible (including IIS) and
Office 2000.
I haven't got any idea what might have happened, the only thing I can
say is that it appeared (and has been so ever since) after I by
mistake tried to update through asp when the mdb file was already open
in Access.
This is rendering my testplatform useless.
Mats

Tom B

Is there an ldb file still in the folder? That can sometimes cause trouble
Have you tried overwriting your working database (mdb file) with a backup?

Shailesh Humbad

Try giving IUSR full permission to your system temp directory,
c:\windows\temp.