Has Windows, ASP or Access gone mad?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mats, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Mats

    Mats Guest

    Hi
    I get the dreadful error
    "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database
    engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened
    exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."
    when I try to update a table in Access with asp. This is just a
    testsetup on
    localhost.
    This is a permission matter, se Q174943.
    The problem is that it appeared out of the blue, and I've checked
    permissions and given the anonymus <IUSR>account full permissions to
    no avail (for both folder and mdb-file)
    I run Win XP Pro patched as much as possible (including IIS) and
    Office 2000.
    I haven't got any idea what might have happened, the only thing I can
    say is that it appeared (and has been so ever since) after I by
    mistake tried to update through asp when the mdb file was already open
    in Access.
    This is rendering my testplatform useless.
    Mats
    Mats, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Mats

    Tom B Guest

    Is there an ldb file still in the folder? That can sometimes cause trouble
    Have you tried overwriting your working database (mdb file) with a backup?

    Tom B, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Mats

    middletree Guest

    Are you sure that Access is closed?

    middletree, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Mats

    Dave Guest

    Another resource; www.aspfaq.com Perform a search on 0x80004005

    Dave

    Dave, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Try giving IUSR full permission to your system temp directory,
    c:\windows\temp.

    Shailesh Humbad, Aug 5, 2003