Hash Table

Pelo GANDO

Hi everybody !

I am a beginner in C++. I am looking for a (simple if it's possible) source
code in C++ about hash table...

Thank you !

Pelo

lallous

Pelo GANDO said:
Hi everybody !

I am a beginner in C++. I am looking for a (simple if it's possible) source
code in C++ about hash table...

Thank you !

Pelo

[quote - Josuttis' STL Reference Book]
6.7.3 Hash Tables

One important data structure for collections is not part of the C++ standard
library: the hash table.

There were suggestions to incorporate hash tables into the standard;
however, they were not part

of the original STL and the committee decided that the proposal for their
inclusion came too late.

(At some point you have to stop introducing features and focus on the
details. Otherwise, you

never finish the work.)

Nevertheless, inside the C++ community several implementations of hash
tables are available.

Libraries typically provide four kinds of hash tables: hash_set,
hash_multiset,

hash_map, and hash_multimap. According to the other associative containers,
the multi

versions allow duplicates and maps contain key/value pairs. Bjarne
Stroustrup discusses

hash_map as an example of a supplemented STL container in detail in Section
17.6 of his book

The C+ + Programming Language, 3rd edition. For a concrete implementation of
hash containers,

see, for example, the "STLport" (http://www.stlport.org/). Note that
different implementations

may differ in details because hash containers are not yet standardized.

[/quote]

Pelo GANDO

Thanks Lallous,

But, I just want a brief code of an hash table..Has someone got any link ?
Just need a brief example...

Thank you very much...

Pelo GANDO said:
Thanks Lallous,

But, I just want a brief code of an hash table..Has someone got any link ?
Just need a brief example...

Thank you very much...
As the other post suggested, you might find some hash table code implemented
in the STLport.

I am sure that if you google for "C++ Hash table source code" you will find
lots of code too.

--
Elias
lallous said:
Pelo GANDO said:
[...]

Thank you,

I'm going to search on google if I find some...

P.S. Apologize for my english because it is not my native tongue