    code in C++ about hash table...

    Thank you !

    Pelo

    Pelo GANDO, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Pelo GANDO

    lallous Guest

    "Pelo GANDO" <> wrote in message
    news:c1uuc4$bnn$...
    > Hi everybody !
    >
    > I am a beginner in C++. I am looking for a (simple if it's possible)

    source
    > code in C++ about hash table...
    >
    > Thank you !
    >
    > Pelo

    [quote - Josuttis' STL Reference Book]
    6.7.3 Hash Tables

    One important data structure for collections is not part of the C++ standard
    library: the hash table.

    There were suggestions to incorporate hash tables into the standard;
    however, they were not part

    of the original STL and the committee decided that the proposal for their
    inclusion came too late.

    (At some point you have to stop introducing features and focus on the
    details. Otherwise, you

    never finish the work.)

    Nevertheless, inside the C++ community several implementations of hash
    tables are available.

    Libraries typically provide four kinds of hash tables: hash_set,
    hash_multiset,

    hash_map, and hash_multimap. According to the other associative containers,
    the multi

    versions allow duplicates and maps contain key/value pairs. Bjarne
    Stroustrup discusses

    hash_map as an example of a supplemented STL container in detail in Section
    17.6 of his book

    The C+ + Programming Language, 3rd edition. For a concrete implementation of
    hash containers,

    see, for example, the "STLport" (http://www.stlport.org/). Note that
    different implementations

    may differ in details because hash containers are not yet standardized.

    [/quote]

    --

    Elias

    lallous, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Pelo GANDO

    Pelo GANDO Guest

    Thanks Lallous,

    But, I just want a brief code of an hash table..Has someone got any link ?
    Just need a brief example...

    Thank you very much...

    c1v1mk$1n51iu$-berlin.de...

    Pelo GANDO, Mar 1, 2004
  4. Pelo GANDO

    lallous Guest

    "Pelo GANDO" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Lallous,
    >
    > But, I just want a brief code of an hash table..Has someone got any link ?
    > Just need a brief example...
    >
    > Thank you very much...

    As the other post suggested, you might find some hash table code implemented
    in the STLport.

    I am sure that if you google for "C++ Hash table source code" you will find
    lots of code too.

    --
    Elias

    lallous, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Pelo GANDO

    Pelo GANDO Guest

    Thank you,

    I'm going to search on google if I find some...

    P.S. Apologize for my english because it is not my native tongue

    c1v7tt$1mkbhr$-berlin.de...

    ?

    Pelo GANDO, Mar 1, 2004