Hash table

ruds

hi,
I want to know how can i retrive a key from the given value from a
hash table?
suppose my table conatins:
KEY VALUE
1 3
2 10
3 12
4 15
if i have value 10 how do i get its corresponding key??

Shane

ruds said:
hi,
I want to know how can i retrive a key from the given value from a
hash table?
suppose my table conatins:
KEY VALUE
1 3
2 10
3 12
4 15
if i have value 10 how do i get its corresponding key??

The same way you knew where to insert the other values into your hash?

Thomas Schodt

ruds said:
hi,
I want to know how can I retrive a key from the given value from a
hash table?

suppose your table contains:
KEY VALUE
1 10
2 10
3 20
4 20
if you have value 10 which is its corresponding key?

Mike Schilling

ruds said:
hi,
I want to know how can i retrive a key from the given value from a
hash table?
suppose my table conatins:
KEY VALUE
1 3
2 10
3 12
4 15
if i have value 10 how do i get its corresponding key??

You can iterate throught the set of entries (Map.entrySet()), looking for a
match. Or, if the values are unique, you can create a second hash table
that reverses keys and values, and look it up directly.

Hendrik Maryns