hash.web is denied

Guest

Hi,
I have met this problem for many times, I don't how to fix it, the only
thing I can do is to restart the computer. Here is the case:
Sometimes when I change the behide class code, and then rebuild, then when I
open the .aspx page, the following error message comes up.

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\subway\1202412f\df2ea907\hash.web" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\subway\1202412f\df2ea907\hash.web" is denied.

I tried to restart IIS but it doesn't help. only restart computer,and then I
open that .aspx page and everything looks fine.
Can someone tell me what it is and what I should do to avoid it?
Thank you!

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Bettys,

Welcome.
Regarding on the asp.net application running got access denied problem on
hash.web file, based on my experience , this is likely due to the file
being locked by some certain process (since the application can run
correclty initially). As for other processes accessing the files you can
try checking the followig things:

1. Is the Indexing services enabled and auto running on the server machine?
Indexing service will cause the asp.net temporary files being locked ....
If this is the case, you can turn off indexing service(set to start
manually in service manager) and restart to see whether it helps....

2. Is there any anti virus software installed and running on the server
machine? Some anti-virus software will also lock the temporary file if
they'll monitoring the ASP.NET temp folder.... You can also turn off them
to test if that's the case....

In addition, here are some kb article mentioned the similiar problem which
you can also have a reference:

#PRB: Access Denied Error When You Make Code Modifications with Index
Services Running
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329065/en-us

#FIX: "Access Is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Access Indexing
Service from ASP.NET with Impersonation Enabled
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323293/en-us

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support