have a greate idea but I don´t know how to write it with javascript

francisco lopez

ok here is what I have in mind.

everyone knows that when I press control+F I have the possibility to
search for a word in a hmtl page.
well I know there is a javascript which do the same, I saw it some
time ago.

So what I want to do is the following thing:

Imagen someone wants to search for a movie review and he knows the
name of the movie,
what I want is to have a little link in the downframe called
"web-search-engine", when he clicks on that link a little new windows
appears with a textfield where he can enter the title of the movie and
a search-button, and (here comes the tricky thing) , under the button
he can select in which webpage he want to search . I mean ones he had
put the word in the textfield he must select in which page he wants to
search ( ex. badmoviesever.htm/ bestmoviesever.htm etc...).

is this possible to make with javascript?

when yes how?

regards

francisco

skubik

If you are searching WITHIN the same page that the script is running in,
yes, you could conceptually do it... but I imagine it would take a bit
of string manipulation and some DOM routines. If you are searching
within OTHER pages, that might be trickier. I would probably implement
some sort of a hidden-frame setup and load the other pages dynamically
into a hidden frame and 'searched' there.

That's my $0.02.

- skubik.