    button. But I want the grid to be visible before the user clicks the
    button. I've tried the data grid, table, etc and cannot find one that
    does this. Is there one that I'm missing?

    Doogie, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Why can't you bind it with something like a piece of XML with spaces as its
    content

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 19, 2007

  3. Doogie

    Doogie Guest

    > Why can't you bind it with something like a piece of XML with spaces as its
    > content

    I'm not real sure what you are getting at it exactly?

    Doogie, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Well all your trying to do is display a gridview on the page, then postback
    and bind to it to fill it once a button click occurs. To display an empty
    one - it needs to have data, which could as easily be spaces as your actual
    data.

    Create a dynamic dataset and bidn it on the fly.
    http://www.dotnetbips.com/articles/727f44ea-8183-4bef-a26d-727ee6324f8c.aspx

    When your button click occurs, bind it to your actual data instead.

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 19, 2007
  5. Doogie

    Doogie Guest

    >To display an empty
    > one - it needs to have data, which could as easily be spaces as your actual
    > data.

    I get it now...thanks I'll give that a try.

    Doogie, Jul 20, 2007