Have IE prompt to save user name and password

Morten

Hi!

I'm wondering what it is that makes IE prompt users to save user name and
password. I have a web site coded in C#/.Net and part of it is protected by
means of a form. When I key in user name and password I'm not prompted to
save this information. Lots of other web sites that I access give me this
option. Can someone help me understand why I'm not asked by IE/Windows?

Morten

PS: I realize that this might be the wrong place to ask but...

Curt_C [MVP]

it's an IE thing, not a programming thing. You can force it to NOT allow,
but not reverse. If it asked you ONCE and you checked the "dont ask again"
(that's what the problem usually is) then that's where I'd start. Ask in a
IE group though.

Morten

Hi!

I tried that and it doesn't ask me. I guess it's because it's not the whole
site that's protected...?

Morten