Have not all the pages protected by the login page

Philippe Meunier

My web.config looks like this concerning login :

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms loginUrl="frmLogin.aspx" timeout="20" />

</authentication>

<authorization>

<deny users="?" /> <!-- Allow all users -->

</authorization>

And cookieless is set to True

I would like to know if it is possible to not have all my pages protected by
the login page. My login page performs some checks in its page_load (read
registry entries etc..) and if an error happens (missing registry keys for
example) I would like it to redirect to an Error page of my own. But if I
include this error page in my project as an aspx page (or even html fails
because it is not treated as aspx and will not load because of cookiless,
session ID appears in the URL and seems to cause problems) it will become
protected by the login page so I won't see it anyways...

Someone can help ?

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Philippe,

The following article looks like it's exactly what you want.
316871 HOW TO: Control Authorization Permissions in an ASP.NET Application
http://kb/article.asp?id=Q316871

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional