Have restart computer to unlock temporary ASP.NET, anyone has experienced this?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Norman Yuan, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Norman Yuan

    Norman Yuan Guest

    In my cuurent ASP.NET project, a weird thing happens: when I test-run the
    project and a uncatched run error occurs, VS quits the test-run, as
    expected. If I try to run the project again (either start it inside VS.NET
    or directly call the page from IE), I get server error, pointing to
    "machine.cofg" file at following portion:

    <compilation ...>
    <compilers>
    </compilers>
    <assemblies>
    <add assembly="*"/> <---here is the line of problem
    </assemblies>
    </complition>

    And the following error message says "cannot download file from
    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    files\.projectname\......"

    I went to the folder for temporary ASP.NET folder and found last folder at
    the end of the chain was not accessible, locked by a process (aspnet_wp.exe,
    maybe?). Anyways, I have restart the computer to unlock it. After restart, I
    can run the project, either from VS.NET or from IE directly. But if I run
    the project from VS.NET(!!!) again and if an error occurs, that temporary
    folder is locked again. It does not happen if you run the pages from IE. It
    prompt me that there could be something wrong with the project
    setting/debugging setting. But I just cannot find where the problem is. Has
    anyone been in this situation? Any idea?
    Norman Yuan, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Norman Yuan

    bruce barker Guest

    try using iisreset instead, its much faster.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Apr 21, 2004