Have the size limitation about FileUpload

ad

Have there any limitation about the size of the file uploaded by FileUpload
control?

Patrice

This is limited first by IIS and/or web.config (the default is 4 Mo). If I
remember it was improved in 2.0 but was limited in 1.1 by the available
memory (the whole file was loaded in memory whihc could be a problem for
huge files).

I would do the other way round. Do you have a specific problem ?

ad

I have a text file of 18M, which is SQL script.
I upload it with UploadFile, then read it with a StreamReader.
I have test to files, one is 5M, it ok, but another one is 18M, it result in
an error page: page not found.

How can I do?

Guest

Ad,
There is a maxRequestLength setting in the HttpRuntime section of
machine.config that is set to 4MB. You can override this in the web.config.
Peter

Patrice

Have you checked the IIS log to see the status ? If this is not the size
limit, it could be perhaps also the script timeout (so the request ends and
its is seen client side as a response that you can't get ?).
Do you have a firewall (we had once a firwall that blocked jpeg images
against the jpeg vulnerability).