    ad Guest

    Have there any limitation about the size of the file uploaded by FileUpload
    control?
    ad, Jun 9, 2006

  2. ad

    Patrice Guest

    This is limited first by IIS and/or web.config (the default is 4 Mo). If I
    remember it was improved in 2.0 but was limited in 1.1 by the available
    memory (the whole file was loaded in memory whihc could be a problem for
    huge files).

    I would do the other way round. Do you have a specific problem ?

    --

    %...

    Patrice, Jun 9, 2006

  3. ad

    ad Guest

    I have a text file of 18M, which is SQL script.
    I upload it with UploadFile, then read it with a StreamReader.
    I have test to files, one is 5M, it ok, but another one is 18M, it result in
    an error page: page not found.

    How can I do?

    "Patrice" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:%...

    ad, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Ad,
    There is a maxRequestLength setting in the HttpRuntime section of
    machine.config that is set to 4MB. You can override this in the web.config.
    Peter
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jun 9, 2006
  5. ad

    Patrice Guest

    Have you checked the IIS log to see the status ? If this is not the size
    limit, it could be perhaps also the script timeout (so the request ends and
    its is seen client side as a response that you can't get ?).
    Do you have a firewall (we had once a firwall that blocked jpeg images
    against the jpeg vulnerability).

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jun 9, 2006