Have to double-click calendar control to correctly retrieve SelectedDate?

Luis Esteban Valencia

Hi folks,

I have a problem using the Calendar Control. Let me explain:

On my first page, "Default.aspx", I have a calendar control named
"calPrimary". I then have a Web User Control on the page that needs to get
the calPrimary.SelectedDate property each time the
calPrimary.SelectionChanged event fires. So, my web user control is called
"eNotes.ascx". It is supposed to connect to a database and retrieve all the
user's notes for the day specified by calPrimary.SelectedDate. However, if I
change the date by clicking on a new date, it doesn't seem to update the
eNotes.ascx file with the selected date UNTIL I click that date again.

My theory is that the event is not reaching the web control correclty but my
attempts to correct it have so far proved unfruitful.

I have tried to create a Public Shared DateTime property in my Default.aspx
codebehind and have calPrimary.SelectionChanged sub update it, and have my
eNotes.ascx access it to no avail.

Can anyone help? I'm pulling my hair out here!