have you seen Elvis? (vs2005 and dotnet 2.0)

Guest

I'm thinking about switching to the studio 2005 version
1. how stable is it?
2. i need to develope for 1.1 because microsoft does not want 2.0 on
production servers at this time. Can i still do this with out too many issues?
thanks again everyone!
kes

Kevin Spencer

Hi Kurt,
1. how stable is it?

Pretty darned stable.
2. i need to develope for 1.1 because microsoft does not want 2.0 on
production servers at this time. Can i still do this with out too many
issues?

I wouldn't put it on the same box as your current 1.1 dev platform if you
can avoid it. I have seen a few issues with the 2 versions interfereing with
each other. Nothing major, but problematic. Still, I am sure there are
plenty of issues that I have NOT encountered as of yet.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Dont' use 2.0 for anything mission critical because it's still in beta and
has some significant bugs. From my experimentation so far I'd say it's
pretty stable for a beta, but not as stable as a finished production app.
If you're primarily doing R&D for a product not scheduled to be released in
force until next year then go ahead and use 2.0. For anything else,
excersise caution.

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

its not stable enough for production, if you can actually get it installed
an working then its good enough for development testing and working out new
features.

--
Regards

John Timney