haveing problem in running asp.net 2.0 on iis 5.1

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by omx, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. omx

    omx Guest

    hi threre,

    well i receive following error when i run the file from the server, if
    i run the file using file system option then no error can you guys help
    me in solving this problem:

    Server Error in '/ASP_TEST' Application.

    Runtime Error
    custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
    application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It
    could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server
    machine.

    Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
    viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within
    a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the
    current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its
    "mode" attribute set to "Off".

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a
    custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the
    application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom
    error page URL.

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
    defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    omx, Aug 8, 2006

  2. omx wrote:
    > hi threre,
    >
    > well i receive following error when i run the file from the server, if
    > i run the file using file system option then no error can you guys
    > help me in solving this problem:

    recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
    a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
    to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
    where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    to help you.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 8, 2006