haven't a clue!

Larry Brindise

Can someone point me in the right direction? This is the
page that results from my web app. This web app installs
on every other machine without a problem. Here is a copy
of the page:
--------------------------
Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request.
Please review the specific error details below and modify
your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unable to read the security policy
file for trust level 'WSS_Minimal'.

Source Error:

Line 62: <compilation batch="false" debug="false" />
Line 63: <pages enableSessionState="false"
enableViewState="true" enableViewStateMac="true"
validateRequest="false" />
Line 64: <trust level="WSS_Minimal" originUrl="" />
Line 65: <machineKey
validationKey="DC621053C050688E69561D160B25F68500661643E41
4BE78"
decryptionKey="C7995A7A818A5DBB0D6DD806CB132199F188690F592
83243" validation="SHA1" />
Line 66: </system.web>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 64

MSFT

Hi Larry,

Normally, <trust> Element can only be set to five kinds of levels:

Full, High, Medium, Low, Minimal

What is "WSS_Minimal" in your web application?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

MSFT

In the file "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config". I suspect it should be
"Minimal", not "WSS_Minimal" if you don't change it before.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Guest

"WSS_Minimal" is a custom security "policy" that is
installed by sharepoint services. There should be a
definiation within the config file that defines it.

MSFT

Yes. The original problem may be caused by that the sharepoint services
hasn't been installed completely on the computer, so that the security
policy can't be read.