    I could not see any direct ways to replace the default scrollbar with my own
    Thank
    Prashanth

    Prashanth Uppunda, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Prashanth Uppunda

    Jiho Han Guest

    You can do this with CSS. Either include it in your page that uses these
    controls or build a custom control deriving from these controls and
    attaching/specifying CSS if you are looking to reuse them.

    Jiho

    "Prashanth Uppunda" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I want to customize the look & feel of scroll bar which appears for

    controls like Textbox, ListBox, ComboBox etc. Is there any way to achive
    this in .NET ?

    Jiho Han, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Hi Jiho
    Thanks for the response
    But I dont have any idea what is CSS. Can you please tell me more on CSS and how to use it
    Thank
    Prashanth

    Prashanth Uppunda, May 3, 2004
  4. Prashanth Uppunda

    Jiho Han Guest

    CSS is Cascading Style Sheets. I am going to assume that you know what HTML
    is for the moment. CSS is how you specify "styles" for your page, things
    like font, text color, background color, and includes properties that
    control scrollbar's look and feel. CSS is a crucial knowledge if you are
    developing on the web and even more so if you are developing controls for
    reuse.

    I'd start here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

    You can also go to the source: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

    There are some great books on the topic as well. I recommend Cascading
    Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide by Eric Meyer (O'Reilly) -
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=lpr_g_1/002-8331039-1980838?v=glance&s=books

    Good Luck Prashanth.

    Jiho Han, May 3, 2004