Having a Custom ScrollBar for Controls possible in .NET ?

Prashanth Uppunda

Hi
I want to customize the look & feel of scroll bar which appears for controls like Textbox, ListBox, ComboBox etc. Is there any way to achive this in .NET
I could not see any direct ways to replace the default scrollbar with my own
Thank
Prashanth

Jiho Han

You can do this with CSS. Either include it in your page that uses these
controls or build a custom control deriving from these controls and
attaching/specifying CSS if you are looking to reuse them.

Jiho

Prashanth Uppunda said:
Hi,
I want to customize the look & feel of scroll bar which appears for
controls like Textbox, ListBox, ComboBox etc. Is there any way to achive
this in .NET ?

Prashanth Uppunda

Hi Jiho
Thanks for the response
But I dont have any idea what is CSS. Can you please tell me more on CSS and how to use it
Thank
Prashanth

Jiho Han

CSS is Cascading Style Sheets. I am going to assume that you know what HTML
is for the moment. CSS is how you specify "styles" for your page, things
like font, text color, background color, and includes properties that
control scrollbar's look and feel. CSS is a crucial knowledge if you are
developing on the web and even more so if you are developing controls for
reuse.

I'd start here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

You can also go to the source: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

There are some great books on the topic as well. I recommend Cascading
Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide by Eric Meyer (O'Reilly) -
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=lpr_g_1/002-8331039-1980838?v=glance&s=books

Good Luck Prashanth.