having a page load 'parts' when the data comes in, without hanging

Matt Swift

I have a question regarding the way that we can load page components
seperately, so that a user sees various parts of a site load as the data
comes back, but the whole site in general is already loaded up, so it looks
like stuff isnt being held up and it looks more realtime.

this happens on something like project server, as the page loads up, it
doesnt hang waiting for stuff from the database, it just fills parts in as
they come back. i know a little about threading, is threading the ultimate
way of doing this or are services etc good ways of thinking about this.

Guest

you should try ASP.NET Caching, excellent utility to speed up web page
it can cache your control and data. It reduce the frequency to read from database for less volatile data

threading not good for asp.ne

:
heehe