having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames

Discussion in 'HTML' started by surfunbear@yahoo.com, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    A guy designed our band website using dreamweaver. I thought
    I'd play around and see if I could do something similiar using
    frames in more straight html. But I am having a problem with scrolling.
    The
    way he did the website, there are 3 sections of the page
    which I tried to make into 3 frames. Frame A is a large composite
    image composed of 4 gifs. Frame B is a menu where you click on
    options such as to listen to our music etc. Frame C is the
    area that displays what you selected from the menu.
    Frame A goes off the page to the right and frame C goes
    off the page downward so you have to use scroll bars as shown.
    When I use frames I can get scrollbars but they appear on the
    frame borders rather than on just the outside of the window
    as when there are no frames. The frame scrolling makes the website
    look less cool I think and I don't know if the guys in the band would
    like
    it that way. I have been trying to make the frames invisible by
    having no borders at all etc. I'd like to be able to make it scrollable
    the normal way
    as if without frames, with just two scroll bars on the edges of the
    page.
    I'm not sure there is a way to do this ? If I take out the frame
    scrolling,
    there is no way to scroll at all and anything that goes off of
    the browser pane you can't see at all.

    | Frame A | S
    | Frame B | |
    | about | Frame C | L