Having problem with frames

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
...And far be it from me to open up a can of worms.

Sharks don't bite on worms; it takes a real chunk of meat to get their
attention. :)

Now, herrings, perhaps...

dorayme

Blinky the Shark said:
Sharks don't bite on worms; it takes a real chunk of meat to get their
attention. :)

Now, herrings, perhaps...

Wonder how a US shark would feel about a good old English kipper,
too salty, not live enough?

Blinky the Shark

dorayme said:
Wonder how a US shark would feel about a good old English kipper,
too salty, not live enough?

Too small. Takes hundreds of 'em to make a meal.

(Seriously, does anyone with experience on both side of the pond know
how Rightpondian kippers compare with Leftpondian sardines? Or are they
complete different?)

dorayme

Blinky the Shark said:
Too small. Takes hundreds of 'em to make a meal.

(Seriously, does anyone with experience on both side of the pond know
how Rightpondian kippers compare with Leftpondian sardines? Or are they
complete different?)

As far as I know, a kipper is a smoked herring. Sardines are for
my cat.

Chris F.A. Johnson

Too small. Takes hundreds of 'em to make a meal.

(Seriously, does anyone with experience on both side of the pond know
how Rightpondian kippers compare with Leftpondian sardines? Or are they
complete different?)

Leftpondian sardines are the same as rightpondian sardines; kippers
are completely different.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kipper>

Neredbojias

Sharks don't bite on worms; it takes a real chunk of meat to get their
attention. :)

Thanks for the warning. I shall never again skinny-dip in salt water...
Now, herrings, perhaps...

I like the kind in vinegar. There was one particular brand, forgot it
now, which was better than the rest. However, I'm also a King Oscar
sardine man - in olive oil, of course.

Ed Mullen

Neredbojias said:
I like the kind in vinegar. There was one particular brand, forgot it
now, which was better than the rest. However, I'm also a King Oscar
sardine man - in olive oil, of course.

Oooo! With some nice spicy mustard on rye bread! What a great
sandwich! :-D

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Ed Mullen

Adrienne said:
Yowser! I haven't had that in 10 years! I gotta get me some o'that!

Ya know, I actually delight in loving a great sardine sandwich. It
grosses people out, I love it. Umm? What's not to like!? :-D

Confession time. I like to put Swiss cheese on mine. And every other
full moon I'll toss it, open-faced, under a broiler to melt the cheese,
not heat up the sardines, just to melt the cheese. This fact,
apparently, makes the whole mess even more despicable to those who can't
appreciate it. Oh, and a nice cold pint of Guinness is good with it, too.

The best bet next is if I can grab a willing wench and surprise her with
a lovely sardine-laden kiss. Ooooo, baby! (Can't imagine why my wife
encourages me in this endeavor. Hmm.)

Ok, I think I just grossed myself out. I mean, you can't just go around
aimlessly melting cheese. Sheesh.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Adrienne Boswell

I mean, you can't just go around
aimlessly melting cheese.

Yes, you can. My perfect grilled cheese sandwich:

2 slices crusty sour dough bread
1 slice Vermont cheddar
1 slice Madrigal (or Jarlsberg in a pinch)
2 pats unsalted butter
Iron skillet

Put the slices of cheese on the bread. Heat the skillet and melt the
first pat of butter, then put the sandwich in the skillet. Put the
second pat of butter on top of the sandwich. Reduce heat to very low
and cover. Check it in about two minutes, turn over, cover and it
should be done in about two more minutes. Serve with a nice salad and
white wine.

Now, that's an adult cheese sandwich.

Ed Mullen

Adrienne said:
Yes, you can. My perfect grilled cheese sandwich:

2 slices crusty sour dough bread
1 slice Vermont cheddar
1 slice Madrigal (or Jarlsberg in a pinch)
2 pats unsalted butter
Iron skillet

Put the slices of cheese on the bread. Heat the skillet and melt the
first pat of butter, then put the sandwich in the skillet. Put the
second pat of butter on top of the sandwich. Reduce heat to very low
and cover. Check it in about two minutes, turn over, cover and it
should be done in about two more minutes. Serve with a nice salad and
white wine.

Now, that's an adult cheese sandwich.

Ok, now you're just torturing me. I took a little nap at the keyboard
and awoke at 1:48 AM. Had a couple of pieces of cold pizza (heaven!)
and came up here and read this. Sheesh! I have bread! I have cheese!
Dang. Oh well. Your recipe probably woulda been a little much to
handle at this hour. Mighta burned down the block. But thanks for
that, I'll keep it on hand. ;-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net