Having problems with Netscape 6+ and XHTML 1.0 Transitional

vivek

I'm using a normal DHTML menu control (known as skmmenu control) and It
works fine with IE. But I have Issues in displaying the submenu in
Netscape 7+.

It doesn't seem to be taking the style.position = 'absolute' and
instead it displays the submenu in the same origin. Since I'm working
on VS 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0, It uses XHTML 1.0 Transitional but if I go
and manually make it HTML 4.0 Transitional the submenu starts working
in netscape. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Vivek

intrader

I'm using a normal DHTML menu control (known as skmmenu control) and It
works fine with IE. But I have Issues in displaying the submenu in
Netscape 7+.

It doesn't seem to be taking the style.position = 'absolute' and
instead it displays the submenu in the same origin. Since I'm working
on VS 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0, It uses XHTML 1.0 Transitional but if I go
and manually make it HTML 4.0 Transitional the submenu starts working
in netscape. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Vivek
If you carefully look at the html downloaded you will notice a number of
differing attributes. IE is less conformant than Netscape.