having trouble getting RSS to refresh in iTunes - ttl doesn't seem to fix it

Discussion in 'XML' started by Jake Barnes, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Jake Barnes

    Jake Barnes Guest

    I've written a PHP script that makes an RSS feed for some mp3s so that
    the music studio I work for can offer some of its new music as a
    podcast. Often, after a podcast episode has gone live, and people have
    seen it in their RSS readers, we need to edit the information that we
    are associating with the mp3. I've written the PHP script so it is easy
    to edit the info in the RSS. However, we've found that this info never
    updates in iTunes. I've used the ttl tag to try to get iTunes to
    refresh more often, but it has no effect. How can I get iTunes to see
    new data in the RSS tags?

    And is this the right forum to ask? If any of you are Apple developers
    and know of a place where developers are discussing RSS issues unique
    to Apple, please let me know.

    many thanks,

    lawrence

    Jake Barnes, Jan 25, 2006