Having trouble using ruby-debug.

Richard Quadling

Hi.

I'm on Windows.

I want to debug a rake process.

The rake works, but there is a bug in one of the processes involved in the rake.

I'm gem install ruby-debug and that all looked OK.

I type rake -rdebug to get things going.

This is what I see:

==================================
[09/04/2009 9:43:23] [D:\] [] >rake -rdebug
Debug.rb
Emacs support available.

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1292:
(rdb:1)
==================================

So far so good.

If I now enter the command list :

==================================
(rdb:1) list
[1287, 1296] in C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb
No sourcefile available for C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb
(rdb:1)
==================================

which doesn't really make much sense to me. OK, I'm not really
interested in the code in optparse.rb. This was just my first attempt
to see what is going on.

The code between lines 1287 and 1296 of C:\Ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\optparse.rb is ...

==================================
begin
opt, cb, val = sw.parse(val, argv) {|*exc| raise(*exc) if eq}
raise InvalidOption, arg if has_arg and !eq and arg == "-#{opt}"
argv.unshift(opt) if opt and (opt = opt.sub(/\A-*/, '-')) != '-'
val = cb.call(val) if cb
setter.call(sw.switch_name, val) if setter
rescue ParseError
raise $!.set_option(arg, arg.length > 2)
end
==================================

So, the code DOES exist. Like I said earlier, the issue is within one
of the processes within the rake, not rake or ruby itself.

Any help would appreciated.

I'm a newbie here, so please be nice.

Regards,

Richard Quadling.

Roger Pack

Richard said:
Hi.

I'm on Windows.

I want to debug a rake process.

Can you reproduce it somehow easily [and post an easy to reproduce
version]?
May want to report it to ruby-debug people.
Cheers

Kent Sibilev

Hi.

I'm on Windows.

I want to debug a rake process.

The rake works, but there is a bug in one of the processes involved in the rake.

I'm gem install ruby-debug and that all looked OK.

I type rake -rdebug to get things going.

Just FYI, -rdebug option doesn't activate ruby-debug, but instead it
makes you use the standard debugger that comes with every Ruby
installation.