having trouble with drag-n-drop of multiple items

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Dan Morrow, May 2, 2007.

  1. Dan Morrow

    Dan Morrow Guest

    I'm having trouble handling drag-n-drop of rows from a DataGridView.

    The SelectionMode is FullRowSelect, so when I click, the whole row gets
    selected, not just cells.

    What I'd like to do is select rows 1, 3 and 5 (by control-clicking) and
    then click one more time, and drag all three rows.

    The problem that occurs is that when I do that last click (to perform
    the drag) all the rows unhilite, and only the row that I clicked on
    stays hilited. This is not desirable behavior, obviously.

    I'd really like my DataGridView to do drags the same way that Outlook or
    Windows Explorer (or any program that has a list of things like this).
    But I can't seem to find the right way to do this.

    If I'm just dragging one row, then this works fine, but I need to
    support dragging multiple rows.

    Thanks for any help in this matter,
    -Dan.

    P.S. - I've been a programmer for many years, but I'm a relative newbie
    to VB.

    Dan Morrow, May 2, 2007

  2. Dan,

    Are you in Windows or in a web application?

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 2, 2007

  3. Dan Morrow

    Dan Morrow Guest

    In <> Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
    > Dan,
    >
    > Are you in Windows or in a web application?

    Eliyahu,

    I'm in Windows.

    -Dan.

    Dan Morrow, May 2, 2007
  4. Then you should post in windows form groups. This forum is for web
    applications.

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 2, 2007