    recognize = show designer, intellisense, group up with corresponding
    codebehind in solution explorer, etc.

    Many thanks

    John Mick, Jun 25, 2006

  2. Hmmm...I'd like to know how to do that, too.

    Probably, the best place to ask that question is the MSDN Forums and,
    in particular, the Visual Studio Extensibility Forum, which is manned by
    the Visual Studio Development Team.

    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=57&SiteID=1

    You will need to register with an MS Passport account to be able to post questions.

    If it's not too much trouble, could you post back the answer here if you get it ?

    Thanks...and good luck!

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 25, 2006

  3. John Mick

    John Mick Guest

    Hi, Thank you very much for the advice...

    Sure definitly will let you know/others when i get a workaround from MS
    forum.

    Thanks

    John Mick, Jun 25, 2006
  4. John Mick

    John Mick Guest

    Here is the reply from MSFT Forum:
    -------
    You can get basic coloring by simply associating your extension with the
    html editor. You can do so in the registry by adding a key under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\Languages\File
    Extensions

    Next, you will need to support for the web site related features. You can
    check out the WebSiteProjectAttribute.cs and
    WebSiteProjectRelatedFilesAttribute.cs under
    \VSIntegration\Common\Source\CSharp\

    These files appear in the June VS SDK CTP and they show how to register new
    extensions with a web editor.

    Carl Brochu, Visual Studio SDK

    It worked in my case :)

    John Mick, Jun 27, 2006