Haylp! Haylp!!

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by T A R T, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. T A R T

    T A R T Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm new to webdesign and have used CoffeeCup DHTML Menu Builder to create a
    couple of fly-out (?) menus. I can quite happily insert the code for either
    menu into my page but I am unable to insert the code for both together. Both
    menus start with the code: <script type='text/javascript'> and end with:
    insert them one after the other (I simply copy and paste the codes without
    making any adjustments. When I insert both menus into the body of my page, I
    get an error message saying: "Stack overflow at line 178". Line 178 is part
    of the first menu's code and has: "Dummy ();"

    What adjustments do I need to make to one or both codes in order to get them
    to work together on the same page? Now, I realise that there are miles and
    miles of code for even the simplest fly-out menu so I may be asking for the
    impossible, but I would appreciate any help you may be able to offer this
    damsel.

    Tusen takk,

    T A R T

    T A R T, Mar 2, 2005

  2. T A R T

    RobG Guest

    T A R T wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm new to webdesign and have used CoffeeCup DHTML Menu Builder to create a
    > couple of fly-out (?) menus. I can quite happily insert the code for either
    > menu into my page but I am unable to insert the code for both together. Both
    > menus start with the code: <script type='text/javascript'> and end with:
    > insert them one after the other (I simply copy and paste the codes without
    > making any adjustments. When I insert both menus into the body of my page, I
    > get an error message saying: "Stack overflow at line 178". Line 178 is part
    > of the first menu's code and has: "Dummy ();"
    >
    > What adjustments do I need to make to one or both codes in order to get them
    > to work together on the same page? Now, I realise that there are miles and
    > miles of code for even the simplest fly-out menu so I may be asking for the
    > impossible, but I would appreciate any help you may be able to offer this
    > damsel.

    Even more of a challenge is that you expect someone to debug and
    correct an error in "miles and miles" of code that they can't
    see.

    At a guess, you have multiple instances of the same function.
    If you want real help, post a link to a page that has the code
    in question.

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Mar 2, 2005