HDD RAW sector reading in Visual C++

Gnurto

Hello,

I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
sectors in a HDD.
I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
Win32 systems)...
If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
I would really be grateful....

Thanks.

mlimber

Gnurto said:
Hello,

I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
sectors in a HDD.
I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
Win32 systems)...
If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
I would really be grateful....

Thanks.

This is an OS-specific question and should be posted in a different
newsgroup. See the FAQ for what is on-topic and for some suggested
alternatives:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M

W Marsh

Hello,

I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
sectors in a HDD.
I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
Win32 systems)...
If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
I would really be grateful....

Thanks.

Wrong group. This is about the C++ language, not platform specific
programming tasks.

Victor Bazarov

Gnurto said:
Hello,

I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
sectors in a HDD.
I know that in Win CE, [...]

This has nothing to do with Standard C++. You're in a wrong newsgroup.
Try 'comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32' or any other relevant forum.