    codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
    I would really be grateful....

    Thanks.
    Gnurto, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Gnurto

    mlimber Guest

    Gnurto wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
    > sectors in a HDD.
    > I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
    > IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
    > XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
    > Win32 systems)...
    > If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
    > codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
    > I would really be grateful....
    >
    > Thanks.

    This is an OS-specific question and should be posted in a different
    newsgroup. See the FAQ for what is on-topic and for some suggested
    alternatives:

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Gnurto

    W Marsh Guest

    On 5 Dec 2005 09:43:26 -0800, "Gnurto" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
    >sectors in a HDD.
    >I know that in Win CE, with DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_DISK_READ or
    >IOCTL_DISK_WRITE, you can do this... But I'm actually working on Win
    >XPe, which mean I cannot use this (even if DeviceIoControl exists for
    >Win32 systems)...
    > If someone can tell me if some equivalent exist for those 2 IOCTL
    >codes for Win32 systems, or some alternative way which allows to do so,
    >I would really be grateful....
    >
    >Thanks.

    Wrong group. This is about the C++ language, not platform specific
    programming tasks.
    W Marsh, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Gnurto wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to create an application that can write/read in RAW
    > sectors in a HDD.
    > I know that in Win CE, [...]

    This has nothing to do with Standard C++. You're in a wrong newsgroup.
    Try 'comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32' or any other relevant forum.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 5, 2005