<head runat="server">

Scott M.

So, your final response is that having this runat="server" in the head tag
gives me no more functionality that we've already had.

Gee, you could have said that like 12 posts ago.

Göran Andersson said:
Scott said:
The way that you demonstated is to put a server control or an inline
code block inside the head tag, but that requires you to know where the
head tag is already. That can't be done automatically.

[sigh] Yes it can, it's been done for years by every HTML editor that
wanted to insert a <meta name="Generator" ...> tag into the output.

[sigh] Yes, as I said, it's possible. It can be done, but it would be
stupid. It doesn't make sense to parse the code one extra time to find the
head tag, when the code has already been parsed once.

George

I would side with Scott here...

First of all if person not using Title tag and using only one generic title
(like HR Application) for all pages then there is unnecessary work done here
by Visual Studio automatically creating a server object out of <head> tag.

Second of all I do not know how that <head runat=server> works since there
is more than a <title> tag in the <head>. All <META> tags go there as well..
So in order to replace Title tag ASP.NET does a little parsing there...
Which is eating a runtime...

So for long time already i have my own ways to do the Title tags on my
pages. Fast and i know how it works. And i end up killing that <head
runat=server> as soon as i create a page..

And i was like Scott questioning what that is for when i saw it first time.

George.

Göran Andersson said:
Scott said:
The way that you demonstated is to put a server control or an inline
code block inside the head tag, but that requires you to know where the
head tag is already. That can't be done automatically.

[sigh] Yes it can, it's been done for years by every HTML editor that
wanted to insert a <meta name="Generator" ...> tag into the output.

[sigh] Yes, as I said, it's possible. It can be done, but it would be
stupid. It doesn't make sense to parse the code one extra time to find the
head tag, when the code has already been parsed once.

Göran Andersson

Scott said:
So, your final response is that having this runat="server" in the head tag
gives me no more functionality that we've already had.

Gee, you could have said that like 12 posts ago.

I did.