header and footer it's possible ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dav999, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. Dav999

    Dav999 Guest

    Hello,

    i want print my web page, but i need (if possible), make a footer and header (as MS word) directly
    in code of my page ?

    How i can make this ?

    Thanks
    David

    *Excuse for my poor english, _in translate in french bottom_* :

    Je veux imprimer mes pages web avec une entête et un pied de page comme dans MS Word, est possible
    directement dans mon code html ?

    Merci

    --
    C'est pas parce qu'on est au régime qu'on a pas le droit de voir le menu.

    Dav999, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Dav999

    Deryck Guest

    "Dav999" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > i want print my web page, but i need (if possible), make a footer and
    > header (as MS word) directly in code of my page ?

    Printing with headers and footers is supported in IE and Firefox (and
    probably other browsers). File->Page Setup.

    What do you want to put in them?

    HTH

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Dav999

    Dav999 Guest

    yes i use firefox, but im a big quantity of page for printing regulary, i want know if you have an
    solution for including in my html code the header and footer

    i know the "@media print" for setting the margin, but i have not found for the footer/header

    Thanks
    David

    Deryck a couché sur son écran :

    --
    C'est pas parce qu'on est au régime qu'on a pas le droit de voir le menu.

    Dav999, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Dav999

    Deryck Guest

    "Dav999" <> wrote in message
    > yes i use firefox, but im a big quantity of page for printing regulary, i
    > want know if you have an solution for including in my html code the header
    > and footer
    >
    > i know the "@media print" for setting the margin, but i have not found for
    > the footer/header

    Using stylesheets for more print-friendly pages is intended - as I
    understand it - to do stuff like:
    -Change colors to black on white.
    -Change the font to serif.
    -Watch the font size.
    -Underline all links.
    -Remove non-essential images.
    -Remove navigation.
    -Remove some or most of the advertising.
    -Remove all JavaScript, Flash, and animated images.

    A style sheet can alter a margin because the margin runs 'forever', unlike a
    piece of paper.

    Style sheets can't add header/footer information at regular (paper length)
    intervals. But your browser can do that because it can look at your printer
    and paper tray settings.

    Again, what sort of information do you want in the header and footer? Is it
    page number, date, etc or something more "interesting"?

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 2, 2004
  5. Dav999

    Dav999 Guest

    I would seen a description (different of the title of my page), of my page, i typing in my html
    code, and the date & number of page (but this i can automatised in firefox).

    I have remplaced the doc format from MS word and the RTF format, because, i have not a regular
    rendering if use a 97, 2000 or XP version of Word !
    I would create universal document for archiving my documents & informations, html it's perfect, but
    only the hedear/footer property missed at this moment.

    David

    --
    C'est pas parce qu'on est au régime qu'on a pas le droit de voir le menu.

    Dav999, Oct 2, 2004