    way to use Rose Analyzer to generate such a dependency map but I'll be
    DARNED! if I'll figure it out. :) I suppose it wouldn't be hard to
    write, right? :)
    Dr Evil, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Dr Evil

    Ali Cehreli Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:18:10 -0700, Dr Evil wrote:

    > Greetings. Has anyone ever seen a tool that will read directories of
    > header file source code and generate a dependency tree?

    Doxygen can do this.

    Ali
    Ali Cehreli, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Dr Evil

    Pete Chapman Guest

    Dr Evil wrote:

    > Greetings. Has anyone ever seen a tool that will read directories of
    > header file source code and generate a dependency tree? I've often
    > encountered large projects where such a tool would be useful.

    The -M and -MM options of gcc/g++ do this . It'd be a right pain writing
    makefile rules without it.

    (To be more precise, it generates dependencies starting from c & cpp
    files, not 'bare' headers. If this difference is important to you, you
    could create a set of trivial cpp files that #include each header one at
    a time)
    Pete Chapman, Aug 20, 2004