    Is there such a utility available?

    Thanks
    -Laurens

    Laurens, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Greetings.

    In article <bm8uvh$nr8$>, Laurens wrote:
    > I need a header file parser that extracts function and type names and
    > dumps them to text file. (These names will in turn be added as keywords to
    > my editor so that I get syntax highlighting.)
    >
    > Is there such a utility available?

    ctags, perhaps? If your editor doesn't already do C syntax highlighting,
    you may want to consider switching to one that does. It's a very common
    feature nowadays.

    --
    _

    Tristan Miller, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Laurens

    Laurens Guest

    "Tristan Miller" <> wrote in message
    > ctags, perhaps? If your editor doesn't already do C syntax highlighting,
    > you may want to consider switching to one that does. It's a very common
    > feature nowadays.

    Thanks! I tried Exuberant Ctags and it seems to do what I want. I'm using
    JEdit, which does have a C/C++ editing mode(w/ syntax highlighting).
    Additionally, I want the functions and types of the Palm OS API to be
    highlighted to help detect typos.

    Regards
    -Laurens

    Laurens, Oct 11, 2003