    http://www.brackenslandscape.com

    Keith

    , Sep 26, 2006

  2. richard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This is still a site in early development, so there's not much content
    > yet. I'm having trouble getting the header table to show up in Firefox.
    > It shows up fine in IE. I'm doing this site in Dreamweaver using
    > Templates. The table shows up in the source, but won't show in display.
    > Any help with what's causing it would be appreciated!
    >
    > http://www.brackenslandscape.com
    >
    > Keith

    What are you calling the header table? I use firefox and I see a top row
    with a couple of fixed images above the slideshow.
    You should clean up the code and put the javascript in an external file then
    run it through the validator.
    Might find a clue there.

    richard, Sep 26, 2006

    richard wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > This is still a site in early development, so there's not much content
    > > yet. I'm having trouble getting the header table to show up in Firefox.
    > > It shows up fine in IE. I'm doing this site in Dreamweaver using
    > > Templates. The table shows up in the source, but won't show in display.
    > > Any help with what's causing it would be appreciated!
    > >
    > > http://www.brackenslandscape.com
    > >
    > > Keith
    > >

    > What are you calling the header table? I use firefox and I see a top row
    > with a couple of fixed images above the slideshow.
    > You should clean up the code and put the javascript in an external file then
    > run it through the validator.
    > Might find a clue there.

    Hmm... odd. Been working on the site just on this computer here. Just
    terminaled into my computer at work and it looks fine in Firefox there.
    Guess something weird on this computer. Thanks!

    Keith

    , Sep 26, 2006

    wrote:
    > richard wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > This is still a site in early development, so there's not much content
    > > > yet. I'm having trouble getting the header table to show up in Firefox.
    > > > It shows up fine in IE. I'm doing this site in Dreamweaver using
    > > > Templates. The table shows up in the source, but won't show in display.
    > > > Any help with what's causing it would be appreciated!
    > > >
    > > > http://www.brackenslandscape.com
    > > >
    > > > Keith
    > > >

    > > What are you calling the header table? I use firefox and I see a top row
    > > with a couple of fixed images above the slideshow.
    > > You should clean up the code and put the javascript in an external file then
    > > run it through the validator.
    > > Might find a clue there.

    > Hmm... odd. Been working on the site just on this computer here. Just
    > terminaled into my computer at work and it looks fine in Firefox there.
    > Guess something weird on this computer. Thanks!
    >
    > Keith

    Ah hA! I have the Ad-Block-Plus extension on Firefox here. Disabled it
    and the header shows up fine. It's always something you don't expect. :)

    , Sep 26, 2006
  5. richard Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > wrote:
    >> richard wrote:
    >> > <> wrote in message

    >> > What are you calling the header table? I use firefox and I see a top
    >> > row
    >> > with a couple of fixed images above the slideshow.
    >> > You should clean up the code and put the javascript in an external file
    >> > then
    >> > run it through the validator.
    >> > Might find a clue there.

    >> Hmm... odd. Been working on the site just on this computer here. Just
    >> terminaled into my computer at work and it looks fine in Firefox there.
    >> Guess something weird on this computer. Thanks!
    >>
    >> Keith

    > Ah hA! I have the Ad-Block-Plus extension on Firefox here. Disabled it
    > and the header shows up fine. It's always something you don't expect. :)

    At least you know that part of FF works eh?

    richard, Sep 26, 2006
  6. Dylan Parry Guest

    wrote:

    > Ah hA! I have the Ad-Block-Plus extension on Firefox here. Disabled it
    > and the header shows up fine. It's always something you don't expect. :)

    In which case, I suggest that you look at the name of the file (or its
    path) as being the cause of the problem. Is the image called "banner.*"
    or in a directory called "ads" or something similar? That would almost
    certainly cause Ad-Block to remove it.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    Dylan Parry, Sep 26, 2006