Header

shapper

Hello,

I need to place 3 headers on my page.
Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
on my page.
I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
tag should I add by default?

Thanks,
Miguel

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed shapper <[email protected]>
writing in @d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:
Hello,

I need to place 3 headers on my page.
Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
on my page.
I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
tag should I add by default?

Thanks,
Miguel

The headers should make sense, eg:

<h1>Pets</h1>
<h2>Dogs</h2>
<h3>Small Dogs</h3>
<h3>Large Dogs</h3>
<h2>Cats</h2>
<h3>Long Haired Cats</h3>
faces.</p>
<h3>Short Haired Cats</h3>

You will just have to figure out from the context what headers to use.

place57

The headers should make sense, eg:
<h1>Pets</h1>
<h2>Cats</h2>

Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.

DocuMaker

Hello,

I need to place 3 headers on my page.
Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
on my page.
I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
tag should I add by default?

Thanks,
Miguel

The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit DocuMaker:
The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

Whenever you see the abbrev "SEO", the odds are that someone is willing
to help others to get rid of their spare money.

Adrienne Boswell

Scripsit DocuMaker:

Whenever you see the abbrev "SEO", the odds are that someone is willing
to help others to get rid of their spare money.

Not necessarily. I think with education about SEO, less people could
fall victim to such snake oil salesman. However, Documaker could have
put his comment in better perspective.

To the OP, and H1 can help with SEO in that some search engines will
look at the heading elements to determine the subject of the page.
Heading elements should be used for their meaning, not because of the
way some browsers render them (big bold text).

dorayme

Adrienne Boswell said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed place57 <[email protected]>
writing in @a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.

<horror>Quick! Rolo, hide</horror>
[http://my.opera.com/arbpen/albums/showpic.dml?album=281941&picture=
4164259]

That is a cute one.