    tag should I add by default?

    Thanks,
    Miguel
    shapper, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed shapper <>
    writing in news:3df9419b-7f33-47ce-ae85-9f0867646615
    @d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to place 3 headers on my page.
    > Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?
    >
    > I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
    > on my page.
    > I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
    > tag should I add by default?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Miguel

    The headers should make sense, eg:

    <h1>Pets</h1>
    <h2>Dogs</h2>
    <h3>Small Dogs</h3>
    <h3>Large Dogs</h3>
    <h2>Cats</h2>
    <h3>Long Haired Cats</h3>
    faces.</p>
    <h3>Short Haired Cats</h3>

    You will just have to figure out from the context what headers to use.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 14, 2007

  3. shapper

    place57 Guest

    On Dec 14, 2:08 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > > I need to place 3 headers on my page.
    > > Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

    > The headers should make sense, eg:
    > <h1>Pets</h1>
    > <h2>Cats</h2>

    Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
    they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
    tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.
    place57, Dec 14, 2007
  4. shapper

    DocuMaker Guest

    On Dec 13, 2:39 pm, shapper <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to place 3 headers on my page.
    > Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?
    >
    > I am also creating a code that runs on the server and places a header
    > on my page.
    > I don't know if other headers will be on the page code. Which header
    > tag should I add by default?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Miguel

    The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

    ---
    http://www.outsource2documaker.com
    Managing outsourced projects ranging from fine artwork and business
    graphics to website design and maintenance.
    DocuMaker, Dec 14, 2007
  5. Scripsit DocuMaker:

    > The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

    Whenever you see the abbrev "SEO", the odds are that someone is willing
    to help others to get rid of their spare money.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 14, 2007
  6. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed place57 <>
    writing in news:e89d2958-3639-4f89-a15b-42c1226a8140
    @a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

    > On Dec 14, 2:08 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >> > I need to place 3 headers on my page.
    >> > Which one should I use? h1, h2, h3, ...?

    >> The headers should make sense, eg:
    >> <h1>Pets</h1>
    >> <h2>Cats</h2>

    > Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
    > they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
    > tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.

    <horror>Quick! Rolo, hide</horror>
    [http://my.opera.com/arbpen/albums/showpic.dml?album=281941&picture=
    4164259]

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 14, 2007
  7. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Jukka K. Korpela"
    <> writing in news:qSv8j.265201$Uy1.135649
    @reader1.news.saunalahti.fi:

    > Scripsit DocuMaker:
    >
    >> The <H1> will help you with SEO more than the other tags.

    > Whenever you see the abbrev "SEO", the odds are that someone is

    willing
    > to help others to get rid of their spare money.

    Not necessarily. I think with education about SEO, less people could
    fall victim to such snake oil salesman. However, Documaker could have
    put his comment in better perspective.

    To the OP, and H1 can help with SEO in that some search engines will
    look at the heading elements to determine the subject of the page.
    Heading elements should be used for their meaning, not because of the
    way some browsers render them (big bold text).

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 14, 2007
  8. shapper

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9A064DF3F1363arbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
    Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed place57 <>
    > writing in news:e89d2958-3639-4f89-a15b-42c1226a8140
    > @a35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

    > >> The headers should make sense, eg:
    > >> <h1>Pets</h1>
    > >> <h2>Cats</h2>

    > > Well that make no sense at all! It is a completely silly notion that
    > > they are good companions. Cats are only good for use in pain
    > > tolerance research and of course bait when hunting bear.
    > >

    > <horror>Quick! Rolo, hide</horror>
    > [http://my.opera.com/arbpen/albums/showpic.dml?album=281941&picture=
    > 4164259]

    That is a cute one.