Headers & Footers in print preview

Guest

Hi,

In IE6 you can configure output to the printer getting a clean printout only with content, but without headers and footers. You remove the Header and Footer content from the Page Setup. But when you've done that, you have to know how to get those values back unless you've saved them somewhere for later retrieval.

What I need is a way to programmatically print out a page on a printer with only the content and that the next time the user wants to write out something then the footers and headers are left there.

Most of all I want some code that does this for all browsers, not onli IE.

Any ideas?

TIA

/Kenneth

Curt_C [MVP]

nope....not going to happen without a component I dont believe. It's a
browser setting so even if it was possible it wouldnt be an asp(x) thing,
but a clientside thing

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software