HEAP ALLOCATION, not at the beggining, in the MIDLE of running

Discussion in 'Java' started by Paul K., Dec 8, 2006.

  1. Paul K.

    Paul K. Guest

    Hi! I want to know if there is a way to reallocate the RAM memory for a

    java application that is already running, Iknow that in order to set it

    initially is like:

    java -ms32m -mx128m MyClassName

    but what if in the middle of the execution i need to get more memory
    lets say up to 1G?

    regards

    ATENTION: I dont want to set these flags, i want to manipulate on
    porpuse the allocation of memory in the middle of the running of the
    program without initially putting the flags in the java command, this
    is like for example lets say i wanna increase the hastables somewhere i
    wanna reallocate the memory but by inside the program ok??? i think
    this is no way the java flags command but has to be somethg inside the
    java code? does anyone knows?

    regards

    paul.
    Paul K., Dec 8, 2006

  2. Paul K. wrote:
    > Hi! I want to know if there is a way to reallocate the RAM memory for a
    >
    > java application that is already running, Iknow that in order to set it
    >
    > initially is like:
    >
    > java -ms32m -mx128m MyClassName
    >

    > but what if in the middle of the execution i need to get more memory
    > lets say up to 1G?
    >

    > regards
    >
    > ATENTION: I dont want to set these flags, i want to manipulate on
    > porpuse the allocation of memory in the middle of the running of the
    > program without initially putting the flags in the java command, this
    > is like for example lets say i wanna increase the hastables somewhere i
    > wanna reallocate the memory but by inside the program ok??? i think
    > this is no way the java flags command but has to be somethg inside the
    > java code? does anyone knows?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > paul.

    No. You can't do that. Sorry.

    knute...
    Knute Johnson, Dec 9, 2006

  3. Paul K.

    Lew Guest

    Knute Johnson wrote:
    > No. You can't do that. Sorry.

    As was mentioned in the first thread you started on this matter.

    - Lew
    Lew, Dec 9, 2006