Heartbleed and the windows distributions on python.org

Timothy McDonald

I am building a cherrypy app that is testing as vulnerable to the heartbleed exploit. The app is running on the 64 bit 3.3.5 Windows distribution of python. An updated version of 64 bit Python 3.3.x for Windows or an updated pyopenssl? I am kind of surprised the distribution on python.org hasen't been updated.

Here is the thread on the issue from the cherrypy-users group.

Ned Deily

I am building a cherrypy app that is testing as vulnerable to the heartbleed
exploit. The app is running on the 64 bit 3.3.5 Windows distribution of
python. An updated version of 64 bit Python 3.3.x for Windows or an updated
pyopenssl? I am kind of surprised the distribution on python.org hasen't been
updated.

The current release of Python 3 is 3.4.0. A 3.4.1 maintenance release,
with OpenSSL updated in the Windows installer, is planned for final
release in mid-May. Python 3.3.x is now in security-fix-only mode which
means only source fixes for security problems are released as needed and
no further binary installers for Windows or OS X are produced. (The
Python 2 Windows installer is not affected since it bundles an older,
pre-heartbleed version of OpenSSL.)