    line height = ( 12 pts / line ) * ( 1 inch / 72 pts ) = 1/6 "

    however , in practice i find that this equation gives erroneous results

    for a 12 pt font , does the height of 1 complete line = 12 pts ?

    John A Grandy, Nov 4, 2004

  2. The browser prints it however it wants. There really isn't anyway to figure
    this out. Users can change the font size of the web page too. In IE 6 hold
    down crtl and move your scroll wheel to see this in action.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgU2ltb25z?=, Nov 4, 2004

  3. yes, i know. but this is an intranet app and the users are under strict
    training and supervision. no one is going to be playing with any settings.
    i'm just looking for an approximation. for a Times New Roman 12 pt font, how
    many lines per inch on the printed page ? by trial and error, i have found
    that it is no more than 6 ... somewhere between between 5 and 6.

    John A Grandy, Nov 17, 2004