Height versus spacer image

shapper

Hello,

I am working on an Asp.Net 2.0 web site and I need to set the height of
a panel to 200px.

Should I use the Asp.Net 2.0 panel height property or should I try to
use a spacer.gif image?

I think that using height might give some problems .... I read this
somewhere.

Of course using height property is just much simpler and straight
forward.

Thanks,

Miguel

Mark Fitzpatrick

Miguel,
Anytime I need to force an item to be a certain height at least, I
use a spacer image. There are plenty of issues with height when you try to
set it in HTML or code. The browser may not recognize the css height
attribute, or it may not recognize it as valid for that element, or
sometimes even there's a bug in the browser that prevents it rendering the
height correctly even if it does detect it. Sometimes it make it easier as
well when working with other elements around it to avoid issues of odd
overlapping that can occur when controls use CSS.