Heisenbug? alert() makes error disappear

bill

I'm having an error of the form "foo has no properties" that
disappears if I insert the statement "alert(foo);" right before the
line that triggers the error. What's going on?

Many thanks!

bill

Lee

bill said:
I'm having an error of the form "foo has no properties" that
disappears if I insert the statement "alert(foo);" right before the
line that triggers the error. What's going on?

It sounds like there's a problem of some sort.
We need to see a small example of code that shows the problem in order to be
more specific.

kaeli

I'm having an error of the form "foo has no properties" that
disappears if I insert the statement "alert(foo);" right before the
line that triggers the error. What's going on?

Sounds like you're trying to reference something that isn't defined at the
time you're referencing it. We'd need to see code to know more.
You're not trying to access a page element before the page is done loading,
are you?