    http://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php
    Search for something like multimedia or trading.

    ---dE|_---

    dE|_, Dec 14, 2007

  2. dE|_

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Dec 15, 3:07 am, "dE|_" <> wrote:
    > Searches of my new site is too interested in the descriptive nav bar on all
    > 7 pages and robots.txt will only control indexing of pages as a whole.
    >
    > Surely someone here has been through this before??!?
    >
    > Try it if you like but it's not styled yethttp://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php
    > Search for something like multimedia or trading.

    What is your problem exactly?
    The SE bots are ment to crawl your site. If you have a lot of content
    then they will visit more offen. Maybe give it a week or so.

    Chaddy2222, Dec 14, 2007

  3. dE|_

    dE|_ Guest

    "Chaddy2222" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 15, 3:07 am, "dE|_" <> wrote:
    >> Searches of my new site is too interested in the descriptive nav bar on
    >> all
    >> 7 pages and robots.txt will only control indexing of pages as a whole.
    >>
    >> Surely someone here has been through this before??!?
    >>
    >> Try it if you like but it's not styled
    >> yethttp://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php
    >> Search for something like multimedia or trading.
    >>

    > What is your problem exactly?
    > The SE bots are ment to crawl your site. If you have a lot of content
    > then they will visit more offen. Maybe give it a week or so.

    This is a built in SE that I index myself. If it finds a searched-for word
    in the nav bar first you just get multiple lines of the same nav bar content
    in the results.

    http://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php

    type in production and you'll see.

    ---dE|_---

    dE|_, Dec 14, 2007
  4. dE|_

    Guest

    On Dec 14, 8:41 am, "dE|_" <> wrote:
    > "Chaddy2222" <> wrote in message

    > > On Dec 15, 3:07 am, "dE|_" <> wrote:
    > >> Searches of my new site is too interested in the descriptive nav bar on
    > >> all
    > >> 7 pages and robots.txt will only control indexing of pages as a whole.

    > >> Surely someone here has been through this before??!?

    > >> Try it if you like but it's not styled
    > >> yethttp://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php
    > >> Search for something like multimedia or trading.

    > > What is your problem exactly?
    > > The SE bots are ment to crawl your site. If you have a lot of content
    > > then they will visit more offen. Maybe give it a week or so.

    > This is a built in SE that I index myself. If it finds a searched-for word
    > in the nav bar first you just get multiple lines of the same nav bar content
    > in the results.
    >
    > http://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php
    >
    > type in production and you'll see.

    I don't know how you have your indexing set. If set to crawl .php
    pages, make your navbar an .inc file (or something else) so it won't
    be crawled.

    , Dec 14, 2007