HELLLLP!!! The spiders are out of control!!

dE|_

Searches of my new site is too interested in the descriptive nav bar on all
7 pages and robots.txt will only control indexing of pages as a whole.

Surely someone here has been through this before??!?

Try it if you like but it's not styled yet
http://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php
Search for something like multimedia or trading.

---dE|_---

Chaddy2222

Searches of my new site is too interested in the descriptive nav bar on all
7 pages and robots.txt will only control indexing of pages as a whole.

Surely someone here has been through this before??!?

Try it if you like but it's not styled yethttp://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php
Search for something like multimedia or trading.
What is your problem exactly?
The SE bots are ment to crawl your site. If you have a lot of content
then they will visit more offen. Maybe give it a week or so.

dE|_

Chaddy2222 said:
What is your problem exactly?
The SE bots are ment to crawl your site. If you have a lot of content
then they will visit more offen. Maybe give it a week or so.

This is a built in SE that I index myself. If it finds a searched-for word
in the nav bar first you just get multiple lines of the same nav bar content
in the results.

http://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php

type in production and you'll see.

---dE|_---

bizshop

This is a built in SE that I index myself. If it finds a searched-for word
in the nav bar first you just get multiple lines of the same nav bar content
in the results.

http://www.websitefoundry.co.uk/search/search.php

type in production and you'll see.

I don't know how you have your indexing set. If set to crawl .php
pages, make your navbar an .inc file (or something else) so it won't
be crawled.